Throughout this year some things just stick in my craw (is that a word?) or drive me crazy. Most are not really new to 2013 but bug me nonetheless. (In no particular order):
- Speaking to me in person, talking to me on the phone or writing a letter to me like you only have 140 characters. Why are you saying “LOL” can’t you just Laugh out loud? I’ll get it! OMG, YOLO and #hashtag. What the heck are you verbalizing a hashtag? Am I suppose to reorganize it in my brain for another time and click on it in the future? #stupid
- Cra Cra – What the heck is that? Why do we have to shorten a 2 syllable word to two half words?
- “It is what it is” What Is it?! Never liked that saying and I still don’t in 2013
- Look up when walking. Why must I dodge the zombie phone users on a Manhattan street. Next time I’ll just walk into you. I may only be 4’11 but I have an intimidating stare.
- Learn basic math – I’m no math whiz but If I give you $20.52 for total purchase of $15.52, chances are I’m not looking for change back.
- Tweeting or texting on your phone while driving. I see you. I’m behind this person and they are driving extra slow because they think they will be safer doing that as one carries on a heating phone conversation when in fact they also have their left blinker on but the car is turning right. Or they are texting in between stop lights and by the time I realize they are too busy texting and blow the horn the darn light changed again. Newsflash driving is important. You can kill or injure you or someone else if you are not alert and paying attention to what is going on; or piss me off if I’m late for work and behind you.
- Get some social skills….Offline. I know you have 10,000 friends/followers but turn off the phone when we have lunch. I don’t want to see your brown roots (or grey or dandruff) all afternoon because your head is buried in your phone that you didn’t even have time to eat your lunch. Next time I will just Instagram my lunch to you and #didlunch and say we did
- The Knicks (sorry…that’s a 10 year pet peeve)
- Cyberhacked – Having a business online and doing most of my bills and shopping online I have been the victim of numerous cyber hackings despite locking myself out of my own account because I can’t remember what the heck I changed the password to every 90 days as suggested.
- This year my business emails got hundreds of spams per minute that my website vendor had to go in and change my password because it was overloading his “thing-a-majig” (will that be the new catchphrase for 2014?)
- Last week my personal ebay account got hacked (that I don’t use very often) and somebody bid and won over $5000 in bitcoins (whatever that is) and Itune gift cards.
Honorable mention - Selfies – I really don’t have that much of a problem with this. But some people overdue it a bit
If you’re on Facebook, Instagram and something has just touched your heart or simply made you smile and restored your faith in humanity that the peeves have not taken over and left you bitter towards the world.
- The news isn’t all bad. I have noticed (or paid attention more) that TV has more humanitarian stories than it use to that melt my heart:
- Homeless man who returned a diamond ring
- Boy who gave his trophy to his competitor.
- Whole City grants wish for Batboy for a day.
- And the list can go on…
- My Family – I may gripe about them but I love them and I’m thankful they are all safe.
- My Health – Thanks Dr. Forman for making me healthy again. I feel like a new woman!
- TV dramas are back – Enough of the cat fight reality shows. Great acting has revived must-see-tv
- Breaking Bad - I was a very late bloomer and caught it on Netflix and I’m salivating for the last season to get on Netflix cause they haven’t shown any reruns on regular tv. Where are the reruns when you need them?
- Scandal – I say OMG to myself after every episode.
- House of cards – Kevin Spacey….enough said
Jessica Simpson announces she won’t act anymore.
So what are your pet peeves and thumbs up 2013 moments?
Happy New Year!