Saturday, March 12, 2011

9.0

I've been an adult for some time now and it seems as if a major disaster happens somewhere around the world more and more often and each more and more horrific.  Can you imagine the horror one felt in the hurricanes of Katrina, the frightening feeling of buildings shaking in Haiti, the feeling of loss in the Tsunamis in Thailand?  There are countless more disasters before and after the ones I mentioned but then there is Japan... 


 
Not just a historic earthquake but then a Tsunami to follow, and then the threat of radiation is a definite possibility. I am not a religious person but if it will help I will pray to a greater power because my heart goes out to them.
Even though Japan is not a third world country and thousands of miles away they need help!  Reputable organizations designed to assist those in disaster relief constantly need donations to be able to keep up with this demand of basic needs like water, food and shelter.
Two of my favorite are the Red Cross and Doctors without Borders.

Your not helping a different country, race, government or people that may not speak the same language.....your helping humanity.

No comments: