Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's the thought that counts!

We all know the meaning of  Christmas isn't about gifts but a religious holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus.  I do admit I don't celebrate the religious part but the Spirit of Christmas takes over me.  I play all kinds of holiday music on my iPod from Johnny Mathis to Rap Christmas songs (yes there are some.)  My mom makes beautiful wreaths and I love driving around seeing the white lights adorning the homes in my neighborhood.  Oh, and the food!  My second holiday excuse to eat baked mac & cheese, cookies cookies and did I mention cookies?

Also my favorite is I absolutely love giving gifts and make an effort to think of the person and what they like,  dislike, their style and beliefs.  I hope people take the same care when shopping for me but most of them don't.  I was a little taken a back a few years ago when a close friend bought me a bath salts and lotion one year.  Really?  But I wasn't as obvious as this little kid.




So in this nation of christmas marketing, what are the top 5 things you DON'T want for Christmas this year?
Here is mine (in no particular order):
  1. Gym Membership - what are you trying to say?
  2. Gift Cards - unless it's to the Cheesecake Factory, I forget about them for years (literally years).
  3. Anything technical - I'm getting old and don't have the patience to learn how to use it.
  4. Underwear - If you must I don't wear thongs.
  5. Your re-gifted (used) gift - I don't mind the re-gifting if you think I would use it more than you but next time you give me a candle holder can you scrape off the melted wax.

2 comments:

SisterBatik said...

Hehhehe - that clip is so cute!! Only a kid can get away with that reaction : )

Happy Holidays!

SisterBatik xx

Krista @ The Heirloom Boutique said...

Love your candle holder comment...that is pretty bad. I have a friend who always regifts her gift cards to me which is ok but I am like you. They pile up. This year though money was a little tighter than usual so some of those gift cards to dept. stores came in handy when buying gifts.